The fundamental purpose of a CCTV camera is to capture light and convert it into a video signal – that appears on our computer screen.
Like LED lights, mobile phones, electronic products, and other electric products, BIS certification for CCTV cameras is a mandatory requirement. In a nutshell, to enter the Indian market, you need to get a BIS certificate.
To ensure safety, reliability, and high quality – the Bureau of Indian Standards has made it a mandatory requirement to get a CCTV camera BIS certified.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Which BIS Certification Scheme is Applicable on CCTV Cameras?
How to Get a BIS Certification For CCTV Cameras?
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS-accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
How We Make BIS Certification Seamless?
- We assist you to know whether a product falls under the purview of BIS.
- For comprehensible guidance, we will first scrutinize the certification requirements of a product.
- We will provide you with information regarding the number of samples required for product testing because product sample requirement differs depending on product type.
- We will educate you about the BIS CRS registration process, benefits, and documents required, including any query you may have regarding the same.
- Being a reputed BIS consultant, we will provide you with technical and non-technical support.
- JR Compliance offers competitive and excellent services to our clients by meeting the startled queries/demands of BIS.
- To meet your expectations we invest our efforts in day-to-day visits to the BIS office on your behalf if required.
How to Get A WPC License Online Application?
Step 1 – Filing the registration form along with documents.
Step 2 – Submit the registration fee.
Step 3 – Product testing will be done to ensure conformity with standards.
Step 4 – A license will be issued if a product meets the requirements.
How Will We Help You in WPC License Online Application?
- Our WPC consultants in Delhi will help you understand each aspect of the WPC license.
- We will file a WPC license online application on your behalf.
- Our WPC consultants in India will complete the documentation on your behalf.
- Our experts will invest their efforts in properly coordinating with the officials and laboratory for product testing.
WPC and BIS certification for CCTV cameras are an essential requirement to enter the Indian market, although, as it has been mentioned in the starting, WPC certification is only applicable on CCTV cameras that possess wifi features.
We have been providing compliance services for the past 9+ years and have served over 10,000+ globally recognized brands such as Soft Banks, Newline, PD Cables, and more.
Get in touch with us for top-notch compliance services.