BIS certification for electronic products is an obligatory requirement to sell or distribute electronic products in India as it signifies that a product meets the safety requirements. That gives rise to – which BIS certification scheme is applicable for electronic products.
The Compulsory Registration Scheme is applicable to electronic products – it has been implemented for protection against electric shock, insulation resistance, electric strength, cap temperature rise, resistance to heat, and more.
ISI mark for electrical appliances –
As mentioned, the CRS certificate is applicable to electronic and electrical appliances. Thus, there is no ISI mark for electrical appliances that exist, as ISI mark certification is applicable on products such as cattle feed, interlocking tiles, and other products, excluding electric and electronic products.
Certification Process of CRS BIS Certification For Electronic Products:-
- An application will be duly filed.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for an accredited laboratory.
- Once TRF will be generated, it will be submitted under the applicant’s profile on the BIS portal.
- An Indian applicant will be required to submit an affidavit cum undertaking in accordance with Form C. While a foreign applicant is required to appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and should submit the affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A or B.
- Thereafter, an application form will be submitted along with the required documents and the requisite fee.
- A CRS certificate will be provided depending on the product’s conformance with the established requirements.
How does JR Compliance Make CRS Certification Seamless?
- Our CRS consultants will conduct a product analysis to understand the component or functions of the product.
- Once understand a product’s components, the certification process will move forward as we will be aware of the applicable requirements for a product.
- We will invest our resources and expertise in coordinating with the laboratory to ensure appropriate follow-ups and acknowledgments.
- Our CRS consultants will take care of the certification requirements of Indian and foreign manufacturers.
- If required we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf.
- We will use our resources to inform you of the number of product samples required for testing because the sample requirement of the product differs depending on the product.