Steel is a multi-purpose alloy, which is used for several traditional applications, it could be construction, automotive, and aircraft industries, transport infrastructure, heavy industrial equipment, and many more.
Indeed, the steel market serves as a great opportunity for steel manufacturers to grow and diversify their business, not only Indian manufacturers but foreign manufacturers too. However, India being one of the largest importers of steel, the government has implemented several parameters which are obligatory to follow to ensure high quality and safety.
FMCS certification schemes applicable to steel – it is a certification scheme that is applicable to foreign manufacturers. And of course, as mentioned BIS certificate is an obligatory requirement for Indian and foreign manufacturers.
Only ISI and FMCS are two certification schemes applied for steel import. Thus, to build credibility and trustworthiness, you need to obtain ISI and FMCS BIS certificates for import.
learn more about bis certification
How to Get a BIS Certification Process For Steel Process?
1- ISI Mark on Steel Products
- An application form will be duly filed.
- A factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and more.
- During factory inspection, a product sample will be withdrawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- The product test of the tested sample will be reviewed.
- If a product complies with the established safety standards, an ISI certificate will be issued.
2- FMCS Certification Process For Steel Products
- An application will be duly filled out along with the required documents.
- With form submission requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted.
- During factory inspection, samples of steel will be withdrawn for independent testing.
- The certification process will only move forward if the factory inspection and product testing report indicate conformity with the established laws.
- If a product conforms to the standards, a certificate will be issued.
Our Role in BIS Certification For Steel Products
- Our BIS consultants will provide you with complete support in documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with all the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit.
- We directly coordinate with the officials, thus, we can schedule a factory inspection.
- An in-house testing facility is one of the essential requirements to obtain ISI and FMCS certificates, our consultants are abreast with all the information to assist you in establishing one.
- We will directly coordinate with the laboratory to ensure appropriate follow-ups.
- Our experts will coordinate with the customs clearance authority to provide you with 100% assistance in customs clearance.
JR Compliance, India’s one of the leading compliance service providers is equipped with resources and expertise to meet all the certification requirements. Be it documentation, coordination with officials, conducting pre-audits, and more – consider it done.
Get in touch with us right now and meet your compliance requirements, be it ISI mark on steel products or obtaining FMCS.